ARE FREQUENT POWER CUTS A PROBLEM TO YOU ?
Erigeron Solar With Batteries
A grid-tied with batteries system operates like a grid-tied system when the grid is up, but it also charges a set of batteries. If the grid goes down, the inverter disconnects from the grid (to protect line workers), but it continues to supply power to the house from the batteries and inverter — essentially behaving like an off-grid system when the grid is down.
What are off grid solar system?
Off grid solar power generation system requires special expertise and proven track record, since it requires going completely off the grid and relying entirely on the sun for power generation. There is no connection with the central power grid and any inadequacy while installation of the solar plant can lead to troubles in the future in terms of uninterrupted availability of power and also the cost of per unit of electricity generated. The phrase off-grid is used for not being linked with the main or national electrical grid. Off-grid are principally stand-alone systems (SHS) or mini-grids usually to provide electricity to a smaller and secluded area. These are autonomous solar power plants running on solar power capable of catering the power needs of the connected setup on its own. It can be installed in any capacity ranging from 1 KW to 100 KW.
1. Ideal for more remote situations where power is expensive to bring in.
2. No power bills.
3. No power outages.
4. Self sufficiency on a clean, renewable energy source.
1. Batteries and generator are expensive and require maintenance.
2. Lifetime for the batteries and generator(10 – 15 years) is less than for the solar array (35+ years) and wind turbine (20-25 years).
3. No seasonal storage. Batteries can only store power for a few days and have a maximum capacity. When they are full, the rest of the power is wasted unless you can find an immediate use for it.
4. Power use must be carefully planned.